Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Stars and Stripes... Top Done!

It's been hard to fit in the time to sew, but I finally got a few hours in tonight.  Thankfully, those few hours were very productive and I finished my Stars and Stripes quilt top!!

To make the stars I made a paper piece pattern.  The stripes are made up of red and white stripes sewn together and then cut into squares... and then re sewn together.  Seems a little redundant on the sewing... but I really like the scrappy variety look it created.

Now I just need to square off the edges, add a backing, quilt, and then bind :)


15 comments:

  1. Wow! Well done! The stars look great and I really like the dimension the stripes have because you made them scrappy. Thanks so much for linking up to To-Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the very kind words!

      Delete
  2. This looks awesome - just like an antique flag! Thanks for sharing this on Midweek Makers
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying that, that was exactly the look I was hoping for!

      Delete
  3. I really like the scrappy feel of this flag. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great scrappy quilt!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind compliment!

      Delete
  5. I really like the effect you've created with all those stripes. So much texture. And a gorgeous color scheme. It was well worth the effort.
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! I absolutely love this! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. are you writing a pattern for this quilt? I think it is amazing. Would love to have it in my quilt shop !! Let me know. Melody Anderson/The Red Hen Shop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melody,
      I did recently create a pattern that I have for sale electronically on Craftsy. I haven't branched out with print copies yet, but would consider it. Please feel free to email me directly at kathy@kathleenmonica.com

      Delete