Friday, November 4, 2016

Weekend Traveler Bag

I am turning some of my favorite fabric into a weekend traveler bag.  I've been making it up as I go along, and using fabric from my stash.  So far I think it's going pretty well.  I would have loved to use the black flora fabric on the sides... but I just didn't have enough in my stash.
The front has a nice sized zipper pocket, the back has a sleeve that will fit over the handle of my rolling luggage, and it has two small pockets.

Now I just need to make the straps and finish putting bais tape over the raw edges inside.






Affiliate Discloser: Time to time I may share a link to shops or products that I love. I may be compensated in exchange for you clicking on these links and making a purchase. Please know that all the proceeds go to supporting my quilting habit.

11 comments:

  1. Great bag, and love that it can be semi attached to your luggage. Definitely a plus when handling so many bags! Thank you for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a beautiful job on this bag! Love the design and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a nice bag, and I like that it attaches to your luggage. That polka dot fabric looks really good on the sides. I love the way it works with the floral. Thanks for sharing your bag on MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bag is so lovely! I just love that fabric! We featured your bag over on the FWFS blog! Thanks for stopping by and linking up!

    -Lindsey

    http://fortworthfabricstudio.blogspot.com/2016/11/fabric-frenzy-friday-features_9.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh- thank you that is such a nice honor!

      Delete
  5. Wow - you made it up as you went! Now that's a super power! Your bag is perfect - and the contrast of fabrics make it pop all the more! Congratulations on such a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found you via linky from FWFS. I love this bag and had to come over and check it out. Do you think you'll be putting a pattern together for it? It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I would like to put together a pattern eventually, but I want to make it one more time to work out any kinks :)

      Delete
    2. Absolutely love this bag and am standing in line (as I type) waiting for the pattern!! Congrats!! I also found followed the link from FWFS

      Delete