Friday, December 23, 2016

Easy Holiday Blanket


Several years ago a stumbled upon this super easy quilt idea posted on the Moda Bake Shop.  At that time I made two of these blankets with holiday fabric for my best friends little one's.  Now that my bff had another little one I knew I needed to make a third.

This was a very quick sew.  Basically I cut the same sized circles out of the fabric and batting (I went with 8 1/2" circles).  Then I stacked a circle of batting, a fabric circle right side up, and then a second fabric circle right side down.  I made sure all edges aligned and then sewed around the circle using a 1/4" seam allowance.  I then cut a 1 1/2" slit about 1/2" down from one side of the circle of the top layer of fabric.  (be careful not to cut into the bottom layer of fabric).  With the cut made I turned the circle right sides out.

After I had all the circles sewn and turned inside out I then sewed them together by rows first, and then completed the quilt.  I then pulled each flap down and sewed around the curves to finish the quilt.

For a much better tutorial visit the Moda Bake Shop post. :)









Affiliate Discloser: Time to time I may share a link to shops or products that I love. I may be compensated in exchange for you clicking on these links and making a purchase. Please know that all the proceeds go to supporting my quilting habit.

3 comments:

  1. That's a great idea - thanks for sharing the link!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt - well done! Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute! I love the look of the circles and how they resemble cathedral windows. Your friend is going to be so happy!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.