Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Different kind of Creative-Flipping Furniture

It has been awhile since I've been able to post. Over the last couple of months I have moved!! As exciting as that has been, it's come with a lot of time and anxiety... but still worth the move :) One of the fun things that comes with a new home is finding new furniture. Being of the frugal mindset I decided to try to flip my own furniture. So far I have found two beautiful old tables. This one below is my first flip. I bought it at St. Vincents for only $26.25. It is a solid piece from Ethan Allen.

To prep the table I cleaned it with a vinegar and water mix.  I then sanded it slightly.  I used beeswax to create a few spots where the paint wouldn't adhere to for distressing purposes.  I then used a semi-gloss antique white paint from home depot.  I ended up doing three coats and lightly sanded between each.  After the final coat I sanded the edges and my few beeswax spots to create the distressed look.


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Kathleen! This is gorgeous! You are certainly one creative lady! Congratulations on a beautiful finish - and a lovely room!

    ReplyDelete